Terms & Conditions (19 Digit Cards)
These are your cardholder Terms and Conditions if your card has 19 digits and begins with 5021 2510. Please read them carefully. Please activate your card immediately.
In these Terms and Conditions, “Card” and “Cards” means the Gift card, issued by iGODirect, referred to as “the issuer”. “You” and “Your” means the person who has received the Card. “We”, “Us” and “Our” means iGODirect Group Pty Ltd, ABN 17 110 897 320.
By accepting and using your Gift Card, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. The Card is not a credit card, it is a prepaid stored value card. We reserve the right to issue or refuse to issue or cancel a Card at our discretion.
Card Access: The Card is a gift card that can be used at hundreds of thousands of locations, anywhere EFTPOS cards are accepted at point-of-sale.
Card Limitations: You must have sufficient, available funds to pay for all Card transactions at merchants. If the purchase amount is greater than the available funds, the difference may be paid for with cash, cheque, and credit or debit card, subject to the policy of the merchant. If the merchant attempts to process the Card for more than the available funds, the transaction will be declined and a transaction attempt fee maybe applied. You may confirm your available balance 24 hours a day, seven days a week by visiting this website and clicking on the “Cardholder Login” button at the top of the page and following the prompts or by phoning 1800 446 347 (between 9am and 5pm AEST/AEDST Monday to Friday – excluding public holidays). You may only use your Card in the manner and for the purposes described in these Terms and Conditions. Your Card may not be used for illegal transactions or for any type of pre-authorised transaction such as recurring monthly payments, dues or fees.
Important things you need to know about your Card:
- You MUST activate your Card before use, either online at activ8card.com.au or by phoning 1800 446 347.
- If your Card does not have enough funds to pay for the amount of a transaction, your transaction will be declined.
- When making a purchase greater than the face value of the card, alert the cashier to use the following payment method:
- Utilise other form of payment to cover amount greater than what is available on the Card.
- Advise the Cashier to use remaining balance on the Card as the second form of payment.
Please note: The merchant may choose not to accept this method. In this case, you must check with the merchant if and how you can make a purchase that exceeds the available balance by paying for the difference using other means.
Documentation of Transactions: At the time of purchase, you will receive a receipt for the transaction. Retain the receipt for your records. You will also have access to your balance and transaction history, which is accessible online – click the “Cardholder login” button at the top of the page and follow the prompts to do so.
Disputes with Merchants: You agree to make a good faith effort to settle all disputes about purchases you make using your Card with the merchant who accepted the Card.
Disclaimer of Liability: In providing the Card service to you, we disclaim any duty or responsibility other than those expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions: The issuer is not liable expressly for the following:
- If through no fault of ours, the cardholder does not have enough money on the Card to cover the transaction; or
- If the transaction exceeds the cardholder’s available funds; or
- If the terminal or system was not working properly; or
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as flood or fire or other natural disaster) prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we may have taken; or
- If there are other exceptions stated in these Terms and Conditions or provided by law.
Expiration: Your Card expires on the expiration date that appears on the back of the Card, except where prohibited by law. After the Card has expired, it is no longer valid: All transactions will be declined and any remaining balance is forfeited.
Termination: The Card shall remain our property; We may, at any time and without prior notice, cancel your Card and have you return it to us; Termination of the Card will not affect prior transactions or obligations existing at the time of termination. Upon termination, we will waiver the remaining balance.
Amendment: We may amend these Terms and Conditions by emailing a notice to you at your last email address on our records at least 21 days prior to the effective date of any amendment that results in an increased fee or charge, an increase in your liability, a reduction in Card services, or stricter transaction limitations.
Assignment: You may not transfer or assign your Card rights to any other person. We may assign our obligations to you under these Terms and Conditions without your consent or notice to you.
Severability/No Waiver: If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Our failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions, the Card and all transactions hereunder are subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the financial services Acts rules and regulations.
Notice of Errors: If you think a receipt is wrong or you have a question concerning a Card transaction, call our Card Services Number 1800 446 347, or visit online as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than 15 days after the transaction date and you must provide the following information: a) your name and Card number; b) a description of the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and an explanation as to why you believe it is an error or why you need more information c) the dollar amount of the suspected error: If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- Any residual value on the Card after expiry will not be refunded to the cardholder or card purchaser.
- Please keep your Card secure. If the card is stolen it cannot be replaced and your funds will be forfeited.
- The Card is received with instructions explaining how it is activated, how it is used and its expiry date.
- Whilst the Card functions at any EFTPOS terminal, there may be instances where retailers decline to accept the Card as they may impose their own restrictions on the use of the card, such as minimum payment amounts.
- Change will not be given by merchants for purchases using the card.